I love avocados! I thought one of the first things I should do on my adventure is make guacamole. It amazes me that with a few ingredients such a versatile food can emerge, I love how fresh it tastes I always have some in my fridge. I use it for nachos, dipping veggies and as a spread on sandwiches or on toast for breakfast. Everyone should have a great guacamole recipe. This is mine. Everyone likes their guacamole a little different so please alter it as you like.
- 3 ripe avocado - diced and slightly mashed
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed - finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced tomato - seeds removed
- 1 lime - zest and juice
- 2 cloves of garlice - minced
- 1 small handful of cilantro - chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Place in an air tight container, saran wrap placed directly on the guacamole as to prevent browning. Guacamole will stay good in the fridge to up to a week.
*when picking avocados the skin should be dark green in colour and have a bit of give when squeezed.*
photo credit - Aidan Takeda-Curran