Summertime to me is all about fresh fruits and vegetables and herbs. I love when all three can be combined to create something that plays with sweet, savoury, spicy and acidic. This recipe is one of my favourites because it does that, it hits all of the notes for me! This salsa goes great with jerk chicken, in shrimp tacos, on grilled fish just to name a few. It is the most requested salsa I make and I am sure it is because of its versatility. I strongly urge you to try this, I promise you will love it!!
As with all recipes I encourage you to adjust to your own personal palate.
**peel fresh ginger and freeze, grate on a rasper/microplaner when needed. it will grate easily and is way easier than mincing**
- 3.5 cups frozen mango, partially thaw, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple, peel & core, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup of red pepper, core, seed and diced
- 1/4 cup of red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of green onion, slice thinly
- 1/4 cup of pickled jalapeno, diced
- 3/4 cup of celery, diced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chop finely
- 1 tbsp of lime zest, grate on a rasper
- 1 tsp of grated frozen peeled ginger, grate on a rasper/microplaner
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, grate on a rasper/microplaner
- 1/4 cup of lime juice, reserve juice
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare salsa ingredients and place in a large bowl. Mix gently to incorporate all ingredients uniformly. Place dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until mixed thoroughly. Cover salsa in dressing and mix until combined evenly. Salt and pepper to taste.